UNA Board Member Honored for Volunteerism
Celebrating 30 years honoring volunteers, the Maryland You are Beautiful Program generates enormous state pride by recognizing thousands of unsung heroes who make Maryland a better place to live, work, and visit. Every year, hundreds of people from all over the State nominate friends and community members for their outstanding volunteer efforts. These selfless individuals have touched many lives, ultimately improving the quality of life for all of our citizens.
In Caroline County, one of this year’s nominees for the Caroline County You Are Beautiful Award was none other than Ann Hughes Fink, the former President and current Board member at United Needs & Abilities. Ms. Fink recently completed a term as Board President and is now serving as the Immediate Past President of UNA.
Ann was born and raised in Caroline County, MD. Presently, Ann lives in Preston, MD with her husband Mike, enjoying time with three beautiful grandchildren and her son, Andrew.
Ann worked as a special education teacher on the Western Shore of Maryland for many years, then worked for the Caroline County Health Department for the Developmental Disabilities Administration before retiring in 2012. She was also employed for the Mid Shore Special Education Consortium in Queen Anne's County, MD as a Transition Specialist for the Caroline County Public Schools and now works part-time in the Career Readiness Program.
Ms. Fink was nominated for the award by UNA’s Executive Director, Michael Dyer.
- The Brightside: United Needs & Abilities
- Bobbi Jo Peck discusses book titled "Wild Vacation"
- Elimination of straws may be good for the environment, but the disabled community may be at risk
- UNA Consumer Publishes First Novella
- UMES pharmacy professor granted patent for compound to treat drug-resistant epilepsy
- ESSAP's Adaptive Clothing Fashon Show
- Teamwork Among Consumers
- Success Story: Faith G., Cecil Co. Maryland
- Spy Profile: United Needs & Abilities and the Shore’s Developmentally Challenged Residents
- UNA Board Member Honored for Volunteerism