Teamwork Among Consumers
On May 4th several of UNA’s Upper Shore individuals and staff got together to help one of their own.
Consumer Alan G’s parents are both in the hospital. Alan’s mother is in the hospital with a severe infection. She will be using a wheel chair from now on.
Alan was very depressed and getting overwhelmed with all the yard work he needed to do, so our individuals got together and helped pick up branches that fell during a storm, pulled weeds, planted flowers and mulched the front flower garden.
Teamwork among our consumers and staff helped alleviate the pressure Alan was feeling while also beautifying his yard. Way to go!
- The Brightside: United Needs & Abilities
- Bobbi Jo Peck discusses book titled "Wild Vacation"
- Elimination of straws may be good for the environment, but the disabled community may be at risk
- UNA Consumer Publishes First Novella
- UMES pharmacy professor granted patent for compound to treat drug-resistant epilepsy
- ESSAP's Adaptive Clothing Fashon Show
- Teamwork Among Consumers
- Success Story: Faith G., Cecil Co. Maryland
- Spy Profile: United Needs & Abilities and the Shore’s Developmentally Challenged Residents
- UNA Board Member Honored for Volunteerism